Various Artists - Ingrid Jonker: Die Kind is Nog Jonger
This product is currently sold out.
Ingrid Jonker is one of South Africa's most celebrated (and tragic) poets. With the 50th commemoration of her death (committing suicide by drowning), her daughter is spearheading an exciting music project to not only reinvigorate her timeless words, but also preserving it via a wide range of artists spanning 5 decades of musicians (from legends to award winners). This release is set to change the perception of what Afrikaans music can be.
New life is breathed into Jonker's moving, lyrical, inspiring, uplifting and passionate words, by a diverse range of local and international musicians, including veterans, established artists, imports, expatriates, award winners and some newcomers; the adaptations covering an invigorating scope of styles and moods, with a journey flowing through Pop, Rock, Acoustic, Blues, Folk, Ambient, Avant Garde, Electronic, Alternative, Metal, Punk and more.
Pressed on black vinyl the track listing was carefully curated to give a comprehensive overview of the talent captured with the project.
1. Ingrid Jonger, Tim Parr & Dawie Goldberg - Toemaar Die Donker Man
2. Tonia Möller - Man En Vrou
3. Anton Goosen - ‘n Hemel Vol Blou Akkers (Plant Vir My ‘n Boom André)
4. Daniel Eeuwrick (feat. Piet Botha) - Aan Uys Krige
5. Jim Neversink - Bitterbessie Dagbreek
6. Terminatryx - Ontvlugting
1. Inge Beckmann - Korreltjie Sand
2. Kalahari Surfers - Klein Hande (Die Sestigers Remix)
3. Anne van Schothorst - Ek Het Gedink
4. The SlashDogs - Lied Van Die Graf Grawer
5. Zaria - Begin Somer
6. Francois Breytenbach Blom & Ingrid Jonker - Die Kind
You can listen to a sample of the project here.
More info on the project is available on the Facebook page
The vinyl pressing was made in partnership with Flamedrop and Sound Action Promotions.